A blog is all about the posts, and although I love the writing process there are times when I need some help generating content. In addition, from time to time I do get requests to run a guest post on The Dividend Guy blog. As a result, I have pulled together this information to let people know that I am open to guest posts and how to do it.
Here are some things to consider if you would like to do a guest post:
1. Anyone can do it — readers of the blog, other bloggers, etc. I take submissions/post from everyone.
2. The piece should provide solid financial and investment related help for readers. In other words, I am not looking for guest posts from commercial sites that wish to promote their own products. Same thing goes for other bloggers who want to promote their services. Good content will automatically drive people to your site!
3. What sort of stuff do readers like/get value out of at The Dividend Guy? Read the site and find out, but it is primarily investment advice, especially concerning dividend stocks. However, any investment related topic would work well.
4. Your post does NOT have to agree with my line of thinking. I like posting pieces with different points of view.
5. If you have a website, you’ll get one link from me as an introduction to your post. The link will be to your homepage and use the title of your site/blog — not some selected “key word(s)” that you’d like highlighted.
6. Posts need to be original, written by you, and not previously published on any other sites (including your own). 30 days after I post it here, you can feel free to post it on your site, offer it to others, etc.
7. Write your best stuff. If you write a good, interesting, useful article, people will click through and visit your site. If you don’t, they won’t visit. It’s that simple.
8. Length doesn’t matter. It needs to be long enough to add value and develop the point fully. If it’s too long, I’ll simply break it up into several posts.
9. I’m not your editor. If it’s not good from the start, it will be passed over. I wish I could help but I simply don’t have the time.
10. Once you write something, email it to me in Word or notepad (text) format. I’ll get back to you on whether or not I think it works for the site.
To send submissions, please direct them to info @ thedividendguyblog.com (without the spaces) and I will let you know if and when it will be posted.