There are no maybes with Mike. He likes a company or he doesn’t, but he can state all the reasons why: whether it be the business model, the weak dividend triangle, or simply a better option available. Today’s episode might challenge some of your holdings, and you might disagree, but you might also discover flaws to remember. Let’s find out which companies are on Mike’s blacklist!
- We’ve talked about them on the show before, but we couldn’t do this episode without mentioning: Laurentian Bank (LB.TO) and IBM (IBM). They actually represent the three reasons why Mike would pass on a stock.
- With a dividend yield and growth above 5%, Canadian Western Bank (CWB.TO) seems like a good option… Mike doesn’t believe the same!
- Verizon (VZ) and Rogers Communications (RCI.B.TO) don’t trigger any interest from Mike. They both show a weak dividend triangle, especially compared with their peers.
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) has a PRO Rating and a Dividend Safety Score of 2 at Dividend Stocks Rock. It also didn’t increase its dividend since 2019. What else puts it on Mike’s blacklist?
- Northland Power (NPI.TO) is a power producer company focusing on green energy. It also pays a monthly dividend, which could attract a lot of retirees. That seems about right… until you compare it with BEPC.
- Mike is not a fan of the materials sector in general. Barrick Gold (ABX.TO) and Transcontinental (TCL.A.TO) would not be the ones to change his mind! Their business model show weak growth vectors.
- Altria Group (MO) is very popular among investors and has had a huge ride between 2009 and 2017. The question is, where will it be in 20 years?
- Should Mike inherit from a portfolio that includes all the stocks we’ve mentioned, which one would he sell first?
Should you look for a tech stock replacement, here are Mike’s Top 5 ones. Each one has something unique that is discussed below.
The Dividend Rock Star list shows over 300 stocks. We decided to pull out the best ideas for three categories: classics, good opportunities, and high yields. There is undoubtedly something for you among these 22 ideas!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.