After over a decade of double-digit returns, many companies saw their stock price drop this year. Added to inflation and interest uncertainties, it seems complicated to find safe buying opportunities. Should you still take some risks? Should you speculate in a dividend portfolio?
Do not miss our next webinar on Most Popular Stocks – Best Protection and Total Return.
- Each sector plays a different role in a portfolio. Some will provide income and stability, others will boost your growth, and some will do both. Knowing their role will help you select the stocks you need.
- Investors can classify their holdings into Core companies, Educated guesses and Falling Knives or Speculative Plays. Mike defines each category and gives stock examples.
- Which percentage would you allocate to each category in your portfolio? How can you use those segments without being hit by the current market too much?
- For many, tech stocks are volatile and risky. Why does Mike consider them part of his foundation? Learn how to differentiate the two types of tech stocks.
- If you decide to add some speculative plays, which portion of your total investment should it represent? How long should you keep them, and what kind of dividend growers fit in this category?
- Is speculating a good idea even for retirees?
Most of the dividend growth stocks mentioned in today’s episode are part of Mike’s pension plan, which he reports monthly. Here’s its latest update.
We discussed 3M (MMM) and many other stocks in the Best and Worst News from Q3-2022 episode right below.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.