Portfolio management at retirement seems to be a concern for many investors. And while every situation is unique, we thought of going through the changes Mike will personally do when the time comes. This should give our listeners the points they should consider when starting to draw their retirement plan.
- Waiting for retirement to plan retirement seems like the best way to panic. Mike and Vero discuss the right time to think about it.
- Should you postpone your retirement plan changes in a down market?
- Defining your goal or your ideal retirement is the first step. Mike gives general guidelines and examples of his own dreams.
- Having a real projection or using free calculators can help in determine if your portfolio aligns with your goal.
- Mike explains the changes he’ll make with his sector and asset allocation when the time comes.
- Counting on your dividend payments only is ideal but not necessarily realistic for most of us. Generating income by building a cash reserve from your investment is a good option.
- In such a case, how would you choose the stocks to sell? Would you start with your best or worst performers? And how much to trim?
- Is there a place to buy new stocks at retirement? If so, what type of stocks would make sense?
Over the past 3 years, investing has been tough on investors’ nerves. We went through multiple situations creating lots of uncertainties. How should we handle volatility in our 40’s, in the accumulation phase, or if we are past 65, retired, and living off our portfolio income?
On top of being a knowledgeable DGI, Mike is a passionate entrepreneur. These should be keys to creating wealth and being a millionaire. Yet, he is not. Why is it so? Is Mike that bad at saving? Does he have extravagant spending? What are his financial and retirement goals? Here’s a look into Mike’s lifestyle and ambitions!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.