Have you ever made your groceries without a list? You probably ended up throwing food in the bin a couple of days later… You’re doing the same mistake if you invest without a buy list!
Having a buy list is crucial. Here is how to create the best one using must-have metrics and the tools to assess the future of a company.
- How having a buy list can prevent you from making costly investment mistakes.
- Do a watchlist and a buy list have the same goal? Can you use both?
- What is the Dividend Triangle and why it’s a good starting point in your research.
- How trends in PE, payout ratios, and other metrics will help you understand what happened in the past.
- Which data or information to use to assess the future of a company.
- The importance of sector allocation even in your buy list.
- To what extent is valuation important when you’re about to buy a stock.
- How looking at the Chowder Rule can help investors achieve their goals.
- Why include an investment thesis for each of your potential buys.
- How a stock screener can help investors filter the most interesting options for their goals.
Our friend at Dividend Growth Investing and Retirement (DGI&R) also has a great free Canadian Dividend All-Star List that you can check out for stock ideas.
Valuation is a tricky step in selecting stocks to buy. If you have the conviction that a company will thrive for the upcoming decades, the price doesn’t really matter. Still, it’d be nice to find an opportunity, right? We did an entire episode on Valuation tools that can surely help you out.
If cash is king, then why the hell do we use earnings per share during quarterly reports? Below, we discuss cash flow versus earnings: what’s their definition, their differences, and how to use them in your stock analyses. Listen to assess the health and wealth of your buy list more easily!
You can access Mike’s portfolio building and managing philosophy in the DSR Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook. Download it for free now!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.