European DGI shares much in common with Mike: a long-term perspective, a clear investment strategy, and a focus on the investment thesis. Still, a similar investment strategy can be interpreted differently; this episode has concrete examples. Here’s an exciting chat between two passionate investors on Dividend Growth Investing and some of their favorite picks.
Follow European DGI
- EDGI started investing in 2014 and already has about 45% of his expenses covered by dividend income. All this was triggered by a calculation tool and the desire to quit the rat race.
- European DGI experienced poverty during childhood, shaping his view of life and happiness.
- Mike wonders what’s EDGI savings rate and how he deals with it during high inflation and high-interest times.
- EDGI describes one of his favorite stocks, ASML, and shares its competitive advantages and risks.
- Mike and EDGI share their views on Intel (INTC) and the reasons to sell a stock.
- An investing mistake led European DGI to write an investment thesis for each of his holdings. He also developed an exciting way to review his portfolio annually by writing a letter to his shareholders: his family.
- Measuring organic growth from his portfolio made EDGI learn great lessons that give him a clear picture of where he’s at with his goals.
- EDGI and Mike see similar traits in their portfolio classification: one divides it by tiers, and the other uses categories. In both cases, it helps assess and manage risk in one’s portfolio.
- Mike asks questions received from Twitter followers: Dividend Talk, Brandon, Marco, and Jeff. These lead them to discuss their favorite stocks: ASML, ADRNY, ATD.TO, Canadian Banks, and the number of holdings in EDGI’s portfolio.
One of the most common struggles among investors is the fear of losing money or making a mistake. Let’s be honest, high-interest rates, inflation, and the high possibility of a recession amplify that fear. Let’s give you some conviction today with a simple plan!
Intel (INTC) failed its shareholders last week with a 66% cut. Mike recently talked about the future of the business.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2023 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
[…] Dividend Growth Investing with European DGI [Podcast] […]