Mike has a different perspective on some sides of investing that can be refreshing or thought-provoking for many. The goal here is not to destroy others’ strategies but rather to open the doors to new ways of investing in the hope it can empower you.
- Let’s start with a popular theme: CDRs. What are CDRs, and do they really bring a solution to investors?
- The currency exchange is a concern for many Canadian investors. Mike explains why it’s not a real problem to him and why the diversification point is heavier than the currency exchange argument.
- On the same train of thoughts, is it always a benefit for American to buy Canadian stocks? Where is the real advantage?
- While Mike considers tax optimisation as relevant, he believes it’s not the most important thing either. Staying true to you strategy, asset allocation, sector allocation, and buying process comes first.
- We’ve been vocal about how the dividend yield is not relevant for dividend growth investors. Mike explains why it’s still irrelevant for retirees.
- Stop sell orders seem like a good tool to minimize losses. But what if Mr. Market only does what it does best: create volatility? There are ways to let your winners win and not panic sell without such tool.
- Technical analysis is another strategy that Mike sees as irrelevant, althought some investors can make good money from it. So then, why doesn’t he use it?
- We all agree that we should pay a lower price to get a better deal when buying a security. However, to date, valuation remains nothing but guesses… Mike shares his views on it.
- Mike ends by adding a note on timing the market.
Here’s the podcast interview Mike did with Dr Dividend on the Dose of Dividends podcast!
Are low-priced stocks at a discount? Are they more volatile or of less quality? Does it make sense to wait for stock splits to get a “better deal”? Let’s debunk some myths and go through the pros and cons of buying at low prices!
The Beat the TSX strategy is made for that and has shown great results in the past. Is buying the top 10 dividend yielders from the TSX 60 all you need to succeed? Let’s dive into this!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.