Bob Lai, from Tawcan, is a Canadian dividend investor who chronicles his quest for financial independence and joyful life. He and his wife started building their dividend portfolio in 2011 after a financial epiphany. Today, their portfolio generates over $3,400 in dividends per month. Here is Bob’s journey to financial independence and his approach to investing in dividend growers to reach it.
- Frugality runs in the family! Bob explains how his young retired parents influenced him and shares parts of his life story.
- The dividend investor is also pursuing tradition with his kids and lets them learn from their own mistakes.
- As an experienced traveler, Bob shares some tips to save money during his trips.
- Moving to invest, Bob and Mike discuss their views on total returns vs yield. Bob also shares his buying process.
- Among his biggest investor mistakes, the blogger laughs around how he passed by GOGL and AAPL many years back.
- How does Bob feel about the current market? Does it influence his strategy?
- As his sleep-well-at-night stocks, Bob describes strong companies that are easy to understand: Canadian Banks, Railroads, Telecoms, and gives his best picks.
- Bob discusses many aspects of his investment strategy: taking returns, ETFs, and asset allocation.
- How to reach FIRE similarly to what Bob did? The Canadian gives 4 Steps Each Investor Should Follow.
Why would you want to become a Dividend Growth Investor? While it’s not the only route to a stress-free retirement, dividend growth investing is a good one. Here are the 5 most important reasons to be a dividend growth investor.
Canadian banks are amazing; they have outperformed the Canadian stock market for the past 5, 10, 15, probably 25 years. Unfortunately, they were not created equal. That’s a myth. Then, which Canadian Bank is the best?
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.