So far, 2022 surely tested your risk tolerance. But what does mean to have a high-risk tolerance? Is it a personality trait or something that comes through time? Is it linked to your self-confidence? How can it help you as an investor and how should you assess it? When is it too much?
These are all the questions that Mike answers today by sharing his own story.
Don’t miss out on our best webinars, tips, and tools, subscribe to The Dividend Guy Blog Newsletter!
Join 22K+ Serious Investors
Dividend Stock Ideas, Special Reports and Strategies.
- Is high-risk tolerance a personality trait that one could notice as early as childhood? What was Mike’s first big risk and how did it end up?
- How important is your surrounding’s influence on your work life and your investor’s style? Mike has been greatly inspired by one of his aunts.
- The first time Mike used money with more risks was to buy a blog and flip it! He then used leverage a couple of times with more or fewer results.
- Why a full year in an RV with his family has totally changed his life and his perspective on risk tolerance.
- Did any of these experiences turn bad and does he have any regrets?
- What’s the important difference between high risk and calculated risk.
- How does having a certain level of confidence can help investors.
- What are the 3 questions investors need to ask themselves to assess their level of tolerance toward risk or volatility?
Mike started investing in dividend stocks in 2010. How did he become a dividend growth investor? What led him to that investment strategy? Today, we’ll cover Mike’s investing story and which lessons he learned through the journey.
The market has gone sideways for a while: Russian sanctions, outbreaks, inflation, and interest rates don’t help. There are also concrete signals that the worst is ahead. We could live in denial, but we chose to discuss why a recession may be upcoming and help you be prepared for the storm.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.