Finding quality stocks yielding over 5% is not that simple! Yet, many retirees or income-seeking investors are looking for them. We’ve decided to help them out with a stock battle! For each pick, Mike will discuss why he likes it and Vero will challenge him with another similar idea! Who wins? Let us know in the comments!
This safe list includes a positive dividend triangle, PRO rating and Dividend Safety scores, payout and PE ratios, dividend yield, the chowder rule, and more!
- To build our contestants team, we’ve selected dividend stocks with a yield over 5% (or close to) that showed dividend increases in the past.
- Innovative Industrial Properties (IIPR) is a US REIT showing a yield of 7.75%. Will Vero be able to beat it with Medical Properties Trust (MPW) and its 8.10% yield?
- Allied Properties (AP.UN.TO) is attractive with its 5.65% yield and monthly distributions. Will Canadian NET REIT surpass it with its high-quality tenants, and its mix of yield and growth?
- Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure (AY) can surf the green energy tailwind with 77% coming from renewables. However, it is a PLC based in UK so it comes with additional tax due diligence. Can Algonquin Power (AQN) compete with its 1M customers and its growth by acquisition strategy?
- Great-West Lifeco (GWO.TO) is among the top 3 insurance companies in Canada and shows a yield of 6.30%. Is it worth picking an insurance company over a Canadian bank like National Bank (NA.TO) in the financial sector?
- We end the episode with a note on safety and how can investors ensure their high-yielding stocks are safe?
The REIT sector is among the easiest to understand and shows great opportunities. Here’s how to select them, why they are a good choice for your portfolio, some lingo, and Mike’s favorite picks!
Investing is like a great hike. You plan, but you never really know what will happen or if a storm is ahead. Mike shares how he got financially, physically, and mentally prepared to climb Kilimanjaro and the life lessons learned that apply to investing.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.