If you had $100K to invest, how would you do it? Some people are paralyzed because they lack confidence in their abilities. One of the most common struggles among investors is actually the fear of losing money or making a mistake. Let’s be honest, high-interest rates, inflation, and the high possibility of a recession amplify that fear. Let’s give you some conviction today with a simple plan!
Download the Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook!
- Considering all the uncertainties around the stock market, is it a good idea to become a DIY investor? In other words, is it safer to invest with an advisor? Mike goes through the pros and cons of investing with an advisor, in ETFs, or as a DIY investor.
- Completing a traditional investor profile questionnaire is the best way to decide which asset allocation is, and ask yourself how you would feel if your 100K became 75K.
- There are risks of waiting on the sideline, and there are also risks of investing right before a market crash. Let’s see which one turns out to be better.
- A good way to invest confidently is to use the 1/3 strategy. Mike explains what it is and how to use it.
- Once you’ve done those pre-investing steps, it is time to build a buy list. There are key metrics and buying processes to make things easier and help you select the right stocks.
- Writing down an investment thesis should not be overlooked. It will ease your buy and sell decisions.
Here is an article on how Mike invested his pension plan.
We can’t predict everything, but some indicators can help us prepare and know what’s ahead. Let’s discuss 5 macroeconomic metrics to improve your understanding of the economy, avoid panicking and help find some opportunities.
Each month, Mike publishes his results to show that it is possible to build a lasting portfolio during all market conditions. In this issue, he revisits his investment rules following two mistakes made in 2022. It is a good example of his overall strategy and how to use an investment thesis.
Revisiting my Investment Rules – January Dividend Income Report
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2023 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
Leave a Reply