Imagine you sell a property; get an inheritance, or quit your job with a nice package. Should you invest now? What if a crash happens in the next two months? How to invest in such an environment? Today, we look at how to invest a lump sum of money in an all-time high market.
At the end of this episode, Vero mentioned the DSR Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook. Download it for free now!
- What are the risks related to investing in an all-time high market.
- What are the key metrics to assess the value of a stock in such an environment.
- If you should consider overvalued stocks no matter the market.
- How to consider speculative plays in a high type of market.
- How to make sure your dividend will be sustainable using the dividend triangle and other ratios.
- The importance of writing down your investment thesis when the market is high.
- If you should invest your lump sum of money all at once or if you should separate your investment in 2-3 different periods.
In 2017, Mike quit his job as a private banker and invested all his pension plan in the market. You can follow the monthly results in this lump sum of money invested in a high market here.
There are two podcast episodes that could help you dig deeper into the topic. One on the Dividend Triangle and the other one on Sector Allocation.
Follow Mike on: