When investing, what do you compare your results with? Why is it even important to do so? Today, we’ll discuss benchmarks, and most importantly, how to set the right one for your goals!
- The pros and cons of having a benchmark.
- How using a benchmark helps you understand your investment strategy better.
- What should you do if you don’t beat your benchmark?
- Is it possible to invest without comparing your results?
- Which benchmark to choose?
- Should you combine your US and Canadian results or keep them separate?
- When is it relevant to change benchmark?
Here’s when the Canadian market is a pro, when it’s not, and why you should or should not rely solely on it.
In line with the discussion on this episode, here is why and how dividend growers tend to outperform ETFs and the overall market. And, is it relevant to beat the market?
You can access Mike’s portfolio building and managing philosophy in the DSR Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook. Download it for free now!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.