Anthony, aka Newcomer Investor, is proof that anyone can start investing! He created his portfolio in his twenties with no financial background. Driven by his passion, Anthony learned by taking action. He decided to share his path with us, the foundation of his investment and his thoughts on his favorite holdings.
- Anthony’s childhood has been enriched by different cultures and experiences: from a French-Chineese mom and Britain-Jamaican dad to growing up in Switzerland.
- At the end of his studies, Anthony saw the pandemic as an opportunity to enter the stock market. He shares his different accounts and how he uses them.
- After a quick success, Newcomer Investor made the common mistake of thinking he was seasoned investor. He sold his ETFs and bought individual stocks without knowing what he owned.
- His buying process evolved to include 3 categories: long-term core compounders, cash flow machines, and peripheral stocks.
- Anthony and Mike exchange their views and opinions on his favorite sectors: Financials, Infrastructure, and Renewables, and a few small-caps to spice things up!
- Mike quickly realizes that Newcomer Investor is ever more passionate than him about the Brookfield family, which Anthony calls “the empire”.
- The two investors have a friendly debate about ScotiaBank (BNS), which represents Anthony’s largest position.
- Newcomer Investor shares his buying process, including having a watch list, following PE ratios, and listening to earnings calls. Foremost, he seeks to balance understanding the business and following it for a good entry point.
- What’s Anthony’s goal with his portfolio? Does he aim at living off his dividends? To him, it’s more about the journey than the money…
Mike spent many hours dissecting the companies within the Brookfield family so you can stop being confused. Here’s the difference between Brookfield Corporation $BN and Brookfield Asset Management $BAM.
Intrigued by Canadian Banks? See what happened during Q2 for the big 6. Don’t miss the end explaining how Previsions for Credit Losses (PCLs) work.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.