The market has gone sideways for a while: Russian sanctions, outbreaks, inflation, and interest rates don’t help. There are also concrete signals that the worst is ahead. We could live in denial, but we chose to discuss why a recession may be upcoming and help you be prepared for the storm.
Get your portfolio ready! Download the Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook here.
- The last “real” recession happened in 2008. What did it look like back then and which lessons could we learn from it?
- After a few months of War and Russian sanctions, there are impacts on the market, like additional pressure on inflation and supply chain disruption.
- There are still some outbreaks in China that won’t help with the supply chain. What does that mean for investors?
- Should inflation continue to rise, how could it impact the market? What should investors expect?
- Inflation and higher interest rates reduce consumer buying power. This could likely slow down the economy.
- There are 5 markers of a recession: loss of jobs, declining real income, production and manufacturing slowdown and finally, lower consumer spending. While some are not doing so great, others can give us some hope.
- Recently, we have also seen an inverted yield curve. What is it and what does it mean?
- Stagflation is probably the worst thing that could happen. Is it a possibility in the current context?
- Investors can diminish the hurt by knowing what they own and why they own it… Mike gives concrete examples of what that means.
Inflation has been rising for many months now. What should investors expect from the FED or the Central Bank of Canada? How will it continue to impact you and your portfolio? From a look back in history to which sectors or stocks can benefit from the situation, here’s everything you need to know about inflation!.
We can’t predict everything, but there are indicators that can help us get prepared and have an idea of what’s ahead. Here are 5 macroeconomic metrics to improve your understanding of the economy, avoid panicking and help find some opportunities.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2023 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
Leave a Reply