After the quick pandemic market crisis, we saw discussions about high inflation and higher interest rates. It has been around us since then. What’s to learn from it? How should investors adapt and manage their portfolios in such an environment? It’s not time to change your strategy… nor is it to stick your head in the sand!
- We are just starting to feel the lagging impact of inflation and higher interest rates. What is it and how can it impact us in the future?
- Many businesses are affected by the current economic environment, but it seems even harder for REITs, utilities, banks, and consumers discretionary. Why and what to do?
- Not jumping to conclusions is a lesson that must be learned during difficult times. Mike explains how trying to guess what will come next and manage your portfolio accordingly is dangerous and how to keep calm.
- The third lesson is actually actions you can do to manage your portfolio in this tougher economic period. Focusing on a strong sector allocation, a great dividend triangle, and a robust investment thesis can prevent you from getting lost and holding companies that cannot adapt to this new environment.
- And what about selling on a dividend cut? Is that a rule to hold on to?
- We end the episode with the most important lesson to learn: your strategy should move slowly like a cargo!
Mike publishes his dividend income report monthly. You can follow it and learn more about his own portfolio management here.
Halfway through 2023, do you still have losers in your portfolio? I have some too! But why is it so? And what’s the next step?
Here’s a guide to help investors understand what crypto is, what it is used for, the pros and cons, and Mike’s opinion and experience.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.