Whoohoo! I’m officially on vacation and Xmas is tomorrow! days! I just love this Holiday especially since I have the chance to see the Xmas magic through the eyes of my 2 kids (William, 6 & Amy 4), they still believe in Santa ;-D
I wanted also to tell you that Santa came to Michel’s house last week and dropped off an iPad 2 (32gb!), he is the winner of my iPad contest.
If you didn’t win, you have another chance to win a great prize: $500 in CASH! Over on my other blog: Just click on today’s post on The Financial Blogger. It’s a pretty simple contest where the winner will win $500, cool isn’t?
This year, I’ve sent my investor wish list to Santa (hey, a guy has the right to dream, right?), here it is:
– I wish for more volatility in the market for 2012 (it’s good to pick undervalued stocks!)
– I wish that Germany continues to be generous (we need their support to save the EURO zone)
– I wish that China will contribute to lend money to the EURO zone (let’s be honest, if emerging markets are not participating in this operation, it will just not work)
– I wish for more leadership from governments (we need to increase taxes and cut down the expenses to make countries’ budgets viable)
– I wish for low inflation in Canada (So I can continue to pay a very low variable interest rate on my mortgage ;-))
– I wish RIM finds a way out of its turmoil (I don’t own shares of RIM anymore but I feel bad for what used to be the #1 Canadian Techno Flagship)
– I wish for more rationality from investors (what is going on in the markets is just crazy, people, please take a few minutes before making any decisions!)
– I wish for mergers & acquisitions (there is a lot of money on the sidelines; companies need to use the cash in their bank account!)
– I wish for dividend increases and shares buyback programs (for the same reasons stated as above!)
That’s it for my list! I know I haven’t been good enough to have all of them for 2012 but I’m still a big kid ;-). What did you put on your investor’s wish list?
Please note that I’m taking off during the Holidays and I’ll be back on January 1st with some great posts in regards to the best stocks for 2012!