Can a dividend growth investor keep non-growing dividend stocks? We always insist on dividend growth, but what happens if your holding shows no more: should you keep or sell? Mike has built a 5-rule decision process to help investors who find themselves in such a case. Today, we put these rules to the test with concrete examples: GNTX, BPF.UN.TO, DIS, CAE, RCI.A.TO, D, SYZ.TO.
This safe list includes a positive dividend triangle, PRO rating and Dividend Safety scores, payout and PE ratios, dividend yield, the chowder rule, and more!
- Since Mike founded Dividend Stocks Rock in 2013, he has stressed to investors about dividend growth. It’s even part of his Dividend Triangle. He explains why dividend growth is so important to him.
- Mike used to sell any stocks that cut or suspended its dividend. He has slightly changed his mind since then. What circumstances made him review his strategy?
- We go through the 5-step decision-making process Mike built to determine if he should keep or sell a stock.
- We put the rules to the test with Boston Pizza Royalties (BPF.UN.TO), Gentex (GNTX), Disney (DIS), Rogers Communications (RCI.A.TO), CAE (CAE), Dominion Energy (D), Sylogist (SYZ.TO).
- Despite rules or steps to follow, the interpretation remains subjective to a certain extent. How can investors avoid letting emotions in?
Mike started investing in dividend stocks in 2010. How did he become a dividend growth investor? What led him to that investment strategy? In this episode, we cover Mike’s investing story and which lessons he learned through the journey.
We mentioned episode #88 today, so here it is! After over a decade of double-digit returns, many companies saw their stock price drop this year. Added to inflation and interest uncertainties, it seems complicated to find safe buying opportunities. Should you still take some risks? Should you speculate in a dividend portfolio?
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.