Which sector is best? Which ones should you choose? Knowing your sectors will help you understand what you invest in and why. In this episode, we pursue the Get the Best of Each Sectors Series. You’ll be able to know their strengths and weaknesses, how to get the best of each, and of course, Mike’s favorite picks.
Let’s discuss the Basic Materials and the Energy sectors!
- The differences between the two sectors and the role they play in a portfolio.
- Strengths and weaknesses of both sectors.
- How can an investor get the best of the Basic Materials and the Energy sectors.
- Why you should or should not consider gold in your portfolio.
- Which stocks you should start your research with.
- Should you consider investing in a sector you’re not comfortable with?
During the podcast, we mentioned stocks that Mike also covered in videos. These can be great complements to what you just heard. Check them out!
Basic Materials Sub-Sectors (Industries)
As they can be hard to memorize from the podcast, here are Basic Materials sub-sectors. I’ve also covered the sector in this post.
Energy Sub-Sectors (Industries)
Now, let’s review the Energy Sub-Sectors. You can also access parts of the content covered on this sector here.