AI has been the buzzword of 2023, but will it really last? How to invest in AI at low risk? For this episode, we’ll show you how many good dividend growers can be part of this new era and maybe boost your returns without adding too much hazard.
- Some information technology dividend stocks have already jumped on the AI boat. We can name Microsoft (MSFT), Apple (AAPL), Texas Instruments (TXN), and Nvidia (NVDA). Mike explains how they can benefit from the trend and which challenges they may face.
- In the healthcare sector, we can find Medtronic (MDT), and Abbott Laboratories (ABT). These businesses can use artificial intelligence to simplify traditional manual methods.
- Telus (T.TO) is a telecom, but the healthcare and agriculture part of its business also makes it a good AI candidate. Mike mentions how Telus International helps businesses build, test, and improve machine learning models. However, the company has a lot to deal with currently.
- There’s a link between EV and AI, and two companies that could benefit from this are Gentex (GNTX) and Magna International (MG.TO).
- Finally, REITs, especially data centers like Equinix (EQIX) and Digital Realty (DLR) should not be left aside. The need for such centers would definitely increase. That said, REITs are generally still struggling this year, and investors must be patient.
- Mike adds a note on the financial sector for which artificial intelligence could be disruptive. The key is to identify which companies adapt their business model.
- To invest in new currents, instead of starting with a trend, see how trends affect your current portfolio.
- Mike ends the episode by answering to: is it relevant to invest in a trend?
How can a dividend growth investor ride the electric vehicles (EV) wave in a safe way? This is what awaits you in this episode!
We have often heard Mike say that he has a total return approach. But what does it really mean? What’s the total return’s definition and role? And if Mike focuses on total return, why doesn’t he pick companies showing higher capital gains that don’t pay dividends? All this and much more are being covered in this episode!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.