It looks like it is my turn to host the 36th edition of the Carnival of Money Stories and I have to say that I am glad I got to do this – there were some really interesting posts this week. Here are the articles that were submitted.
Editor’s Choice: (I have never been called an ‘editor’ before but it feels pretty good!):
1. What is better than a new car? Paying cash for it! However, thousands of people continue to take out leases for their vehicles. My Two Dollars has a great post this topic – Money Mistake Monday – The I Fell For Another Car Lease Syndrome.
2. There is something sexy about being involved in Start-Ups. The Digerati Life tells us what it is really like – What The Silicon Valley Startups In My Life Taught Me
3. I love discussions about asset allocation and investing so a post at My Dollar Plan caught my attention. Although I don’t know too much about target funds, I appreciated the read as it gave me some things to think about in my own portfolio. The post is titled, Investment in Vanguard ETF for Roth IRA.
1. Being Frugal gave a cool run down on her only experience with investing – My Only Investing Experience.
1. There was a lot of buzz in the blogosphere about Black Friday – I’ve Paid For This Twice Already gave us a perspective in My “No Shop By Default” Day.
2. There are certainly two ways to look at every purchase we all make – QueerCents gives us her perspective in A Better Way To Spend That.
3. I have two kids that we provide with an allowance. Raising 4 Boys gave this topic some time this week in the article, What’s the Right Age to Start an Allowance?
4. Coupons rule – Watch Me Become A Millionaire provided a short post about where to find coupons online in A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
1. Five Cent Nickel writes a lot of good information on personal finance, and getting some insight into his updated credit card strategy was really interesting. Read about it in the post, Changing Our Reward Credit Card Strategy.
2. Fun, free and enriching – just as you got over your teenage worries about kissing, you need to realize that talking about money is nothing to be ashamed of – How talking about money is like French kissing.
3. We have a lot of junk in our basement – Finance and Fat provided his step #3 to getting out of debt – Get Out of Debt in 9 Steps # 3- Turn Your Junk into Cash.
General / Other:
1. Time is money and KCLau’s Money Tips asks, What’s Your Time Worth?
2. Edith Yeung quite corporate America about 8 months ago and took the time to come up with a whopping 99 lessons she learned in her post, 99 Life Lessons Learned from Quitting Corporate America.
3. It is kind of fun house hunting, but it needs to be done strategically. Free Money Finance provided his Thoughts from House Hunting.
4. Not the most uplifting article in the bunch, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Wisdom From Wenchypoo’s Mental Wastebasket discusses the holidays and spending in Annual Rerun: Why We Skip The Holidays Altogether.
1. That US dollar just keeps dropping, which has implications on everything from manufacturing to travel. Me, My Kid and Life talks about the dropping dollar in The Dollar Drops Again!
How the Exchange Rate Affects European Travel.
2. Want to go to Seattle in frugal fashion – check out Less Than a Shoestring’s Budget Analysis: NYT “Frugal Traveler,” Part Deux.
Thanks to everyone for their articles this week!Google+