After 20 years of investing, Dividend John has a portfolio of 1.4 million generating 65K in dividends. From a young age, he knew he wanted a comfortable financial situation and achieved it with a simple, straightforward, easy-to-apply strategy. Today, the successful investor shares his journey from childhood to being the author of the book Too Rich to Be Stressed: Freedom with Dividend Investing.
Watch the Webinar Replay Instantly!
Too Rich to Be Stressed Book by Dividend John
- Dividend John explains how coming from a modest childhood surrounded by wealthy kids at school lit a fire in his belly to be in a better financial situation as a grown-up.
- The millionaire goes through his failures as a young investor and how this losing game led him to feel depressed.
- Mike and Dividend John discuss the power of compounding interest and how it was an essential aspect of growing his portfolio.
- The author firmly believes everyone has something unique and special that can augment their income rapidly. He also discusses the balance between savings and treating yourself.
- Building up different scenarios with a good accountant was how Dividend John started to build up a long-term plan including dividend growers.
- Bad years like 2022 can be stressful for investors. However, Dividend John was pretty relaxed and zen trusting the process. Last year, his portfolio was down, but his dividend income was up.
- Mike asks what his criteria are for buying stocks and explains how their strategy are similar.
- Mike challenges some of Dividend John’s picks and strategies, such as having a limited number of positions in his portfolio but holding all the big 6 Canadian Banks.
- Dividend John answers rapid-fire questions from Mike’s Twitter followers.
Many investment strategies work… some others not so much! Bad years may lead investors to search for miracle solutions or shortcuts to make money. Here are the most dangerous investment strategies in the hopes that you won’t fall into them.
Why would you want to become a Dividend Growth Investor? While it’s not the only route to a stress-free retirement, dividend growth investing is a good one. Here are the 5 most important reasons to be a dividend growth investor.
Why Should You Be a Dividend Growth Investor and Nothing Else [Podcast]
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2023 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
Great PodCast with excellent questions. Merci. I continue to appreciate your insights, and the wealth of knowledge you bring to the DIY investment community.