Intertape Polymer got acquired, what to do? Labrador Iron Ore just paid a special dividend, can you play on that? Starbucks stopped its shares buybacks program, good or bad? CIBC announced it’s splitting its shares, what does it mean? Today, we cover the big news that can affect your portfolio and what to do with them!
- The day Intertape Polymer accepted to get acquired, Mike was on meeting all day. The next day, he took the time to review the press release and shares his process to make a decision.
- Companies splitting their shares often make the headlines on the market. However, Mike is pretty neutral on them and explains why it’s pretty much a marketing stunt.
- There are many reasons for a business to issue a special dividend. While it’s a good icing on the cake, investors must remain careful when they annalize their stocks.
- DRIPs or no DRIPs? We review the pros and cons and also why retirees should avoid them.
- Share buybacks can create value if done correctly. They also artificially boost EPS. Why did it turn out so bad for Starbucks?
- What should you do when a company cuts or suspends its dividend? Should you have seen it coming? Should you let go instantly? It depends…
- Johnson & Johnson recently announced a spin-off of its business. Should investors keep both or only one? Trying to figure out which kind of company you’ll get, looking at revenue and earnings trends for each segment could be a good start.
Can you imagine making a 76% return in a single day? This could happen to you if you hold a stock that merges or is being acquired! Here’s what I did to understand what was going on with Intertape Polymer and to make my decision.
After 59 years of dividend increases, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) was up for a change! Management decided to split the company. What does it really mean for you as an investor? Mike dived into this news more in-depth in this video.
Wondering what the dividend triangle is? We did an entire episode on it with 4 stocks with a perfect one right below!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.